[Py-ES] [JOB] Django Software Engineer

Miguel Amigot II miguel at ibleducation.com
Wed Apr 26 18:19:30 CEST 2017

Hi Python-EspaƱa,

My name is Miguel and I am from Madrid as well as the CTO of a New
York-based edtech startup called IBL Open edX <http://iblstudios.com/>.

We deploy educational initiatives in terms of the learning platform and
course creation for some of the biggest brands, including the US Air Force,
Global Knowledge and NYU. Moreover, our engineers are distributed across
New York and other parts of Spain.

The platform we use, Open edX <https://github.com/edx/edx-platform>, is
primarily written in Django and in use by millions of learners worldwide,
including edx.org's 11M+.

We are looking for an engineer who is well-versed in Django and Django REST
Framework to help us extend the platform. Other parts of our stack are outlined
in this course
<https://courses.iblstudios.com/courses/course-v1:IBL+005+2017/about> and,
moving forward, we'd like you to be able to handle all of those areas as
you become comfortable with them.

In terms of salary, we would like to conduct a paid test for anywhere
between 20 and 30 Euros per hour for about four hours per day. Once we
determine that we are a good fit for each other (ideally after a period of
two weeks), we would like to extend this opportunity to a full-time basis
for 25K-30K.

Please reach out to careers at ibleducation.com with a brief description in
English or Spanish of who you are, what your objectives as a software
engineer are, as well as code samples if this sounds interesting to you.

Thank you!
Miguel

--
Miguel Amigot II