[Py-MAD] [JOB] Software Engineer, ShuttleCloud Migration Platform

Maykel Moya mmoya at mmoya.org
Mon Apr 9 11:40:25 CEST 2018

Hello

ShuttleCloud is looking for a Software Engineer to work in its flagship
product: the Migration Platform.

About us
--------
ShuttleCloud is software company established in 2011. We help companies
with large user bases increase user growth & engagement by enabling
their users to import data such as email and contacts from hundreds of
providers.

What that exactly means
-----------------------
You probably have an old email account that you opened a long time ago.
You now want to switch to Gmail, but still want to keep your old emails
and contacts. Within Gmail, you go to Settings → Accounts and Import →
Import. There, you enter your old account details. In a matter of
seconds you are migrating your data to your new email account.

Such an efficient and useful tool has piqued your curiosity. You look
further and notice that the Gmail interface mentions that the import is
carried out by ShuttleCloud.

Google is not the only company that trusts our technology. Comcast,
Yahoo!, GoDaddy, Time Warner Cable, Harvard and Stanford currently use
or have used in the past our APIs and services. Across all our clients
we migrate more than 3 million contacts and 30 million emails every day.

How we do it
------------
We're based in Madrid. [Our team][1] is small, but we've achieved great
things, and we're especially proud of our client list!

Among other technologies, we use Python, CouchDB, MySQL, and Docker. We
deploy to Google Compute Engine (GCE) using Ansible.

What we expect from you
-----------------------
We're looking for an ambitious software engineer willing to help us
further improve, maintain and expand our migration platform according to
technical and business requirements. This might also include working
with new customers or architecture new products.

Your job will also include dealing with legacy components that need to
be updated and migrated with minimal impact to the production services.
Yes, that 2020 python2 EOL is getting closer!

Must-haves
----------
* Be a respectful and communicative person.
* Solid technical background, especially in regards to the design of
scalable architectures, software testing and automation.

Nice-to-haves
-------------
You have previous experience with:
* Docker and/or Kubernetes
* Python and Django
* SQL and NoSQL databases
* RabbitMQ or any other message broker
* Google Compute Engine (GCE) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)

What you can expect from us
---------------------------
We will treat you as a responsible person and although we are not
remote-first, you will have a lot of *freedom* regarding schedule,
vacations and work style. We believe in a healthy work-family balance -
some of our teammates are superb moms and dads!

We will pay for your private medical insurance (Adeslas), which includes
dental care. We'll buy a top of the line computer and monitor for you.
We have a budget for books, as well as attending and organizing
conferences. Finally, we take care of lunch and snacks, every day.

Every team member has an influence on the whole company. Everyone
contributes, and when something needs to be changed, anybody can bring
it up and we will all fix it. We are committed to attacking challenging
problems: learning is always part of the job description.

Our [Madrid office][2] is beautiful, cozy and well located, next door to
Circo Price - right between Atocha and Embajadores.

Salary is in the range of 30K - 50K depending on experience.

Regards,
maykel

[1]: https://blog.shuttlecloud.com/category/shuttlecloud-engineering/
[2]: http://bit.ly/2hMgS0a